I recommend people switch away from using rice milk.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter at https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and receive recipes developed by the NF staff that will fuel your fitness goals. Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
I’ve got a bunch of videos on Soymilk (https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/soymilk/) but I think only one major almond milk one so far, Prostate Cancer & Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/). I plan on doing a bunch more on choosing between various milk options, stay tuned.
Already went through lots of useful material on dietary arsenic if you missed any:
• Where Does the Arsenic in Chicken Come From? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/where-does-the-arsenic-in-chicken-come-from)
• Where Does the Arsenic in Rice, Mushrooms, and Wine Come From? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Where-Does-the-Arsenic-in-Rice-Mushrooms-and-Wine-Come-From)
• The Effects of Too Much Arsenic in the Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Effects-of-Too-Much-Arsenic-in-the-Diet)
• Cancer Risk from Arsenic in Rice and Seaweed (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Cancer-Risk-from-Arsenic-in-Rice-and-Seaweed)
• Which Rice Has Less Arsenic: Black, Brown, Red, White or Wild? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Which-Rice-Has-Less-Arsenic-Black-Brown-Red-White-or-Wild)
• How to Cook Rice to Lower Arsenic Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Cook-Rice-to-Lower-Arsenic-Levels)
• Arsenic in Infant Rice Cereal (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Arsenic-in-Infant-Rice-Cereal)
The last four videos then take this information and try to distill it into practical recommendations:
• How Risky is the Arsenic in Rice? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-Risky-is-the-Arsenic-in-Rice)
• How Much Arsenic in Rice is Too Much? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-Much-Arsenic-in-Rice-is-Too-Much)
• Is White Rice a Yellow Light or Red Light Food? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-White-Rice-a-Yellow-Light-or-Red-Light-Food)
• Do the Pros of Brown Rice Outweigh the Cons of Arsenic? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Do-the-Pros-of-Brown-Rice-Outweigh-the-Cons-of-Arsenic)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/arsenic-in-rice-milk-rice-krispies-and-brown-rice-syrup and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/arsenic-in-rice-milk-rice-krispies-and-brown-rice-syrup. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Image credit: Mike Mozart via Flickr
• Subscribe: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• How Not to Die: https://nutritionfacts.org/book
• NEW BOOK – How Not to Diet: https://nutritionfacts.org/how-not-to-diet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio/